Dry bags (or dry-goods bags) are among the most versatile pieces of gear around. They are an ideal gear item for a range of recreational and professional pursuits. Indeed, we have used them for everything from sea kayaking to canoeing to rafting.
They are also ideal for almost any situation where you need to carry or protect something that is either really wet or is likely to be exposed to moisture.
Yet, as incredibly versatile as these simple bags are, we almost always find room for more of them in our collections. That�۪s because each new adventure typically requires a slightly different approach to our overall strategy for packing and transporting our gear. Thus, we keep exploring and testing new versions of dry bags.
In this way, we have amassed quite a collection of these bags; dozens of them, in fact. However, some stand out more than others, and deserve to be recognized for their excellence. Indeed, the top fifteen dry bags in our stables are all worthy of serious consideration, regardless of your needs or what activity you are planning.
|Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag||Best Overall|
|Outdoor Products Ultimate Dry Sack 3-Pack||Budget Pick|
|Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack||Upgrade Pick|
1. Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag
- Super affordable
- Comfortable shoulder strap
- The drawstring can be difficult to pull and draw
- Not waterproof
Great for Snorkeling
This dry bag is made by Earth Pak, a company that specializes in producing quality adventure gear at an affordable price, and their roll top dry sack is no exception. With an attractive price and simple features, this bag is a great option for any backpacker looking for a reusable dry bag.
You can easily customize the amount of space you need for your bag by rolling the top shut. While a roll top could be seen as less secure, it makes packing and unpacking the bag very easy. Plus, in terms of waterproofing results, the bag is seam sealed so water is blocked at the weakest point on the bag.
2. MARCHWAY Floating Waterproof Dry Bag 5L/10L/20L/30L/40L
- Heavy duty materials
- UV Resistance
- Roll top for easy access
- Attached whistle
- Multiple sizes to choose from
Traveling, Urban Backpacking.
The Marchway floating waterproof dry bag is one of the best dry bags on the market. It’s designed to keep your gear dry by floating on the water…even if it’s completely submerged.
Not only is it designed to withstand water, it’s also one of the best waterproof dry bags for the price. It’s completely waterproof up to two meters and has a unique roll top to keep out any water that manages to seep in.
3. Sea to Summit Big River Dry Bag
- Great for most boats, cars and other water activities
- Large enough to hold plenty of gear
- Locks securely, preventing leaks
- Made with durable PVC vinyl
- Securely stores clothes, shoes, electronics and valuables
The Sea to Summit Big River Dry Bag is one of my top picks as a dry bag. In fact, it is one of the top recommendations if you are searching for the best dry bag reviews online.
One reason to love this one is that it has an easy to use pull-cord that you can use to open and close the bag. A good quality zipper can be the difference between keeping your stuff dry and having to replace all of it.
Moreover, the Sea to Summit Big River Dry Bag has a roll-down closure system that you can use to seal the top of the bag.
4. ZBRO Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Made from double-layer imported 1000D waterproof Oxford material
- Double-reinforced seams, inverted TPU waterproof valve and roll-top waterproof design.
- A unique, anti-slip design to prevent the shoulder straps from sliding off
- There are rope loops on the bottom for tying up to a boat or car roof
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to carry around
- 3 nylon straps are inside to organize your items
- Provide excellent protection for your valuables and belongings while boating or traveling
- The size of the can’t be changed
- The bottom doesn’t have a layer of thick foam, which could become an issue
- There’re no card holders or small pockets
Puddle Jumper Luggage, Swimming Pool.
This product has unique design characteristics. A PVC material oxford bag, plastic buckle and zip closure, and cast buckle are all attached to the bag.
The strap is made up of polyester and nylon webbing, with a support of three different padding at the back. and one hook is used to fasten to the bag.
5. Relentless Recreation Dry Bag Backpack
- Dual access water bottle pocket
- Breathable mesh padded back
- Equipped with an internal pocket
- Hypalon/PVC-coated zipper with velcro
- Voluminous interior design
- Bar tacking at top and side seams
- Durable material
- Padding is not adjustable
- Storage capacity is limited
- Shoulder straps lack padding
The Relentless Recreation dry bag backpack is another fantastic choice. It’s much more affordable than the Ortlieb option without sacrificing quality.
This dry bag can fit all of your valuables and even some clothes if you need to combine work with excitement.
The padded shoulder straps and back area are comfortable enough for all-day use, and the rigid, durable bottom frame can hold up to 30 pounds. All seams are reinforced with bar tacking so they won’t tear.
6. Unigear Dry Bag Waterproof
- Provides 100% waterproof protection
- Also includes: molle compatible shoulder bag, key holder, elastic band and LED light
- Lightweight and portable
- 25 YKK waterproof zipper around the whole bag
- Good quality material
- The float on the top to help keep the bag afloat
- Smaller than some other options
- Shoulder strap is too short for some users
As someone who has tried a whole host of different dry bags, it’s hard not to recommend this impressive option.
The dry bag is 100% waterproof and comes with its own waterproof phone case that’s designed to float, keeping your phone safe no matter what kind of water caper you get up to.
This bag has a very high build quality that I’ve always loved about Unigear products and it’s ready to take on a bunch of adventures.
7. Acrodo Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Provides waterproofing for your belongings, ensuring their safety in bad conditions
- Comes in an attractive black and green color combination
- Large capacity allows you to pack a lot of items.
- There has been some debate over the durability of the stitches, but owners have managed to post several videos demonstrating its durability.
As Waterproof bags are the primary and most important feature, I had to be very sure about this one so I bought this one for a long term testing and review. The result turned out to be amazing. It’s working as described and providing waterproofing for treated items as well as non-waterproofed items and keeping moisture out. So far I feel very confident that this bag can keep a non-waterproofed object 100% dry in a heavy rain.
The zippers are working very smoothly and neatly without any problems encountered so far. The only negative thing could be the quality of the bag. It’s not super strong and durable but at this weight and price you can’t expect more than that.
8. Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Free gift included
- Bag fits kayaks, canoes or rafts
- Can rip easily in case of punctures
- Sturdy zippers
Vitchelo’s waterproof dry bag backpack is the perfect backpack to take your stuff on your next outdoor activity. It’s made from a high quality nylon material and is equipped with a 25L waterproof compartment and PE zipper.
The product is well designed and the material is pretty strong. It is equipped with waterproof barrier and double stitched. This backpack is the ideal solution for taking kayak, fishing, camping, and other outdoor activities.
It is a waterproof dry bag backpack for Outdoor Water Sports and Kayaking, Camping, Fly Fishing, Boating Gifts. This dry bag protects your belongings safe from getting wet. Can hold cell phone, clothing and other items. It can hold up to 30L.
9. Skog Å Kust DrySåk Waterproof Floating Dry Bag
- Two sizes: 10L and 20L
- Ideal for Kayaking
- May have durability issues
- Leaky seams can cause issues
Waterproof, floating dry bags have a multitude of uses. This floating dry bag from Skog Å Kust is a popular choice that’s a top pick for many kayaking enthusiasts.
The size range on this dry bag is between 10L and 20L, which is good because not every kayaking excursion requires a full 10L of gear, while 20L might seem like overkill for short trips. You can choose from the colors blue, gray, khaki, and pink. There’s a beautifully placed window that allows you to see your contents without opening up the bag, even when it’s full of water.
The exterior zippered pocket is great for storing accessories or additional supplies, and the increased size will allow you to pack more gear that you might need on your trip.
10. Adventure Lion Premium Waterproof Dry Bags
- Fully submersible
- Available in different sizes
- Strong double-layer construction
- Waterproof YKK zippers
- Comes with a convenient carry strap
- Not breathable
- Synthetic fabric holds odors
- Not 100% waterproof
For anyone who is serious about kayaking, the Adventure Lion Premium Dry Bag is an important accessory. This waterproof dry bag means you can store your camera, phone, wallet, clothing, and other valuable items in complete confidence. The bottom is reinforced and gives it even more durability to stand up to the grueling trip down a river.
These bags are just perfect for outdoor adventures or for storing gear when you are out camping. The Adventure Lion dry bags are made of 100% waterproof material with double walls to ensure maximum protection. The tough material made from synthetic fabric is resistant to scratches, tears, and most of all can easily repel damaging UV rays from the sun.
The zipper is very durable and made of highly water-resistant YKK, so that the bag stays watertight. It features a waterproof zipper and roll-top closure and has a fully removable shoulder strap.
11. Montem Premium Waterproof Bag/Roll Top Dry Bag
- Waterproof, durable build
- Attach to a kayak easily
- Made for a variety of water sports activities
- Plenty of storage space, including mesh pockets
In case you haven’t heard of them, Montem is the industry leader when it comes to dry bags. They’ve been making high-quality gear for world travelers for years… Now you can take their waterproof bags for a test run. They’ve got bags for every occasion from overnight excursions to storing your sleeping gear for a weeklong hiking trip.
We really appreciate the attention that Montem has paid to the essentials in its 30L roll top dry back. The roll top is easy to use even with gloves on. The company carefully designed the bag with durable shoulder straps, side mesh pockets, and bungee loops that allow it to be attached to your kayak or bike. The 30L bag has plenty of storage room for your overnight gear, including your sleeping bag and extra clothing.
12. Outdoor Products Ultimate Dry Sack 3-Pack
- Outdoor Products is a trusted brand
- Affordable price point
- Keep your stuff dry and safe from water
- They float and are perfect for boating
- Easy to store since they collapse flat when not in use
- Available in a wide range of sizes
Are you looking for more than one? Check out the whole line here.
The outdoor Products Ultimate Dry Sack 3-Pack is a three pack of waterproof and airtight dry bags. They're perfect for your outdoor adventures, ranging from kayaking to hiking, and camping to backpacking.
These bags are made from ultra-tough TPU laminate that's built to last, whether hiking or floating down a river. They include double-rolled, self-repairing, waterproof tape on all seams, as well as a simple on/off valve to let air out, and prevent water from entering.
13. Ultra Dry Premium Waterproof Bag
- Made of a waterproof material that is 1.2mm thick
- Easy to install the hitch mount with your own car without purchase
- Fully waterproof fabric is also tear-resistant
- Perfect storage for travel, outdoor, household items or sports equipment
- Large waterproof bag can be used for anything from your wet bathing suits to digital equipment
- Single waterproof and you have no choice but to take it into the water with you.
- The Ultra Dry waterproof bag is built for kayaking, boat fishing and anything you want to do in and out of the water.
Hiking, Traveling (10L-70L).
The material used is 1.2 mm thick TPU and PVC material with waterproof performance of 30,000 mm. The fabric is waterproof, tear-resistant and non-slip, so there's no worry about any of your valuables becoming wet.
The bag has a long adjustable shoulder strap for carrying convenience and 2 additional storage pockets on the side. The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
14. Waterproof Dry Bag 5L/10L/20L-Water Resistant Lightweight Backpack
- Roll down closure with the string, fixed buckle, buttons, drawstring and double-fold design.
- Fashion design, it can be used as bag, backpack or sling bag
- Excellent material which is waterproof, water-resistance, whatever the rain is heavy or light, the structure is waterproof
- 15 colors for your choice
- Dimension (cm/in):
- Large: 20L bag-Height 18cm x Width 29.0cm x Thickness 5.0cm
- Medium: 10L bag-Height 16.5cm x Width 21.0cm x Thickness 2.5cm
- Small: 5L bag-Height 14cm x Width 14cm x Thickness 2.0cm
- And all the zippers are waterproof, which is very safe.
- High quality with great price.
15. WildPaces – WATERPROOF FLOATING DRY BAG SET OF 3-10 Liter 5 Liter 2 Liter
- Easily compressible
- Great for overnight camping trips
The WildPaces dry bags are the way to go for a versatile set you can use while already have your bike if you get caught out in a storm or worst case scenario. In fact, this high-quality set of bags is made of durable PVC, so unless you’re in an absolute downpour for several hours, I don’t see a problem with these bags.
In addition to being waterproof, one of the coolest features of these bags is that they’re floating on water, so if you forget to zip them up and you swim right in front of a giant wave, your stuff will stay dry. You could even store your electronic devices or documents in it and put it in the water (just don’t drop it!).
What I like about this dry bag set is that it’s compact and lightweight, making it even more versatile. You can use it on your kayak, bicycle, or camping bag.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who makes the best dry bags?
What is the best dry bag for kayaking?
First of all, you should know that the definition of a dry bag in this context differs a bit from their regular meaning. What we are referring to is a water-resistant, ultra-lightweight bag that can either attach to your PFD or float nearby if you end up in the water.
If you are into kayaking, then you probably already know the importance of dry bags. These handy little accessories can keep your small equipment and items free from water damage. Dry bags can be used as a practical way to waterproof everything from mobile phones to cameras; so it’s a great way to protect your valuables while you’re out on the water.
Dry bags come in a variety of sizes, but the most common sizes are 15L, 35L, and 65L. Now, all of those numbers mean nothing without their corresponding measurements, so here is what they actually refer to:
Can dry bags be submerged?
Not all dry bags are created equal. Some are technically "waterproof" while others claim to be "water resistant," but neither are recommended for water wear. I recommend water-proof dry bags that are made with a thicker PVC material. If your whole purpose for getting a dry bag is to protect your valuables, then you don't want to purchase a dry bag that will fail in the first go.
So, what's the point of a dry bag that you can't submerge? They're meant to be dealing with moderate rain, muddy land, and accidental dips in the water. If a dry bag is really waterproof, then the manufacturer won't guarantee it's ability to keep all of your items dry. They shouldn't!
Dry bags are meant to be exposed to water, but not for long. So, if your trip involves any water activity, then know that your dry bag will have to be in the water for at least some time.
What is the most durable backpack brand?
The top 2 most durable backpack brands are Deuter and Arcteryx. They are bomb proof and will last a lifetime. Deuter is the most durable in our opinion, because of their thick, double-reinforced base. For us Deuter wins it for their superior manufacturing. Is Arcteryx burlier? Maybe. But you'll pay triple for that durability.
GUIDE TO BACKPACK TUBE SIZES:
The best way to find your perfect backpack size is by selecting the right tube size for you. Tube sizes are typically designated by their diameter. However, some companies offer different tube lengths and can be labeled by height. The best way to measure yourself is to measure your torso. If it's not available, use a measuring tape and measure the length from the base of your neck to the base of your hips.
Do you love to explore the great outdoors? If you're going to be kayaking, rock climbing, surfing, or whitewater rafting, these super dry bags are the best you can find. And whether you're going for your first time or headed out on the water in high tide in the Pacific Ocean, these bags will protect your valuables better than any other product on the market.
|Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag||Best Overall|
|Outdoor Products Ultimate Dry Sack 3-Pack||Budget Pick|
|Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack||Upgrade Pick|