As we all know, nothing is quite as annoying as realizing you need to iron your clothes as you get to the airport. It’s also frustrating to carry around a massive, clunky iron that weighs down your bag and takes up space when it’s not in use.
To help you find the best travel iron for your trip, we’ve compiled this list of the top 15 best travel irons in 2022. Check out our buyer’s guide below to learn what features to look for when shopping for an iron.
When in doubt about which model you should buy, always consider these factors:
- Size (weight and dimensions)
- Heat-ups time
- Power (Wattage)
- Pressure and steam
- Water capacity
|Small Mini Iron||Best Overall|
|Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron||Budget Pick|
|Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron||Upgrade Pick|
1. Small Mini Iron
- Powerful non-stick heating element
- Great for travel, fully pocket-sized
- Cool-touch handle
- Easy-grip ergonomic design
- Dual voltage for travelers
- No steam feature
- Might be too small for some hands
The J-2000T may be the best travel iron on the market. Even though it’s small, it’s very good at what it does. It has a non-stick soleplate and heats up quickly on normal settings in 15 seconds.
You can use the dry option to iron your clothes, but you can also use the steam option to add a bit of moisture to quickly smooth out wrinkles. It also has a cool-touch handle to prevent you from burning yourself when you touch the handle.
The J-2000T is the perfect travel option because it is one of the best lightweight irons on the market. It’s also one of the best for international travel as it has dual-voltage capability.
2. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron
- Works with international voltages
- Boasts 70 grams of steam per minute
- Comes with a travel bag and heat resistant glove
- Convenient on/off switch
- A classic metal reservoir
- Heavy and a bit too thick for some people
- Occasional complaints about leaky water tank.
If you’re looking to buy the most value for money travel iron, the Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron might be the one for you.
This iron has a stylish premium design and boasts of some of the most impressive features for its price.
For one, this iron has a non-stick soleplate, which means it’s easier to glide across surfaces, leaving your clothes looking ironed. You can also use the steam lever to control the amount of steam you want to use for different items.
3. BLACK+DECKER IR1010 Light 'N Easy Compact Steam Iron
- Heats up fast
- Holds steam to make quick work of pant and chinos
- Variable settings
- Comfortable grip
The Black & Decker IR1010 Variable Steam Iron is a lightweight travel iron that produces powerful steam to help you shape your clothes. It has a compact design and features an 8-foot power cord along with a rear water tank to make ironing easier.
It’s made with ceramic and stainless steel and includes light indicators to help you navigate this iron.
4. SMAGREHO Mini Travel Steam Iron
- Two USB ports
- Anti-slip handle
- Auto shutoff
- Steam button is positioned awkwardly
- Steam is not as powerful as other models
If you’re looking for the best travel iron for garments and quick touch-ups, SMAGREHO has it. The iron is lightweight at only 8 oz. and is designed to fit perfectly in your carry-on bag for long flights and trips.
What I like about it is that it has a well-designed anti-slip handle. It also has two USB ports free for your phone or other electronic devices. The dual voltage feature makes it useful for travel, and it can be used all over the world.
Another positive of this iron is that it shuts off automatically after seventy-two minutes. This will save you energy and time. This will be helpful specifically for people who tend to forget that they have a heated appliance plugged in.
5. Rowenta DA1560 Travel-Ready 1000-Watt Compact Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate 120-Volt and 240-Volt
- 1-year limited warranty
- Dual voltage (120 V/240 V)
- Powerful 1000 watts
- 240-hole stainless steel soleplate
- Unique vertical steam
- Plastic body
- Can drip water
- Struggles on synthetics
This compact Rowenta travel iron is easy to travel with. It features the option to change voltage and comes with a dedicated travel bag. It is light in weight, but has powerful steam output. It is also one of the most competitively-priced travel irons available.
The product will make a great addition to any home that needs a powerful travel iron. It produces 15 percent more steam compared to other travel irons with its compact design. The fluid travel steam iron solidifies the clothing you want to iron fast.
It is popular for good reason as it is designed with an aluminum soleplate which is great for covering maximum fabric surface. It also has a vertical steam output that prevents wrinkles and creases.
6. Hamilton Beach Portable Handheld Travel Iron and Vertical Garment Steamer
- Great for travel
- Great for sports clothes
- Travel bag and fabric brush included
- Great for larger items like curtains or table cloths
- Easy height adjustments
- Can hold up to 28 inch width garments
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Vertical garment steamer available separately
- Steam output: 234 g /min
- Pointy heel of fabric brush can scratch wood or other surfaces
- Steam output can be lower than some other models such as Conair
- Some people may want to add their own storage case
- Heating time longer than some other models
- Size takes up a decent amount of table space
7. Conair EZ Press Hand-Held Steam Iron
- Non-stick soleplate
- Large water tank
- 65-ounce water reservoir
- Stylish look
- Lacks power
- Some might be disappointed with the weight
This Conair is my top pick because it’s easy to store in any bag when traveling. The cord wraps and fits right in the handle and the water reservoir is sizable enough to keep the iron hot all day long.
You can easily feed shirt through the iron and the non-stick soleplate keeps it from getting stuck to your shirt. This iron has a burst of power to quickly get wrinkles out of your fabric.
Another great thing about the Conair EZ Press is its weight. Considering that this is a full-sized iron, the weight of this is 7.2 ounces. It’s an amazing feature and makes this product super easy to move around.
8. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron
- Comfortable to hold and use
- Temperature control dial with 100 levels
- Small – Can easily be packed in carry-on luggage
- Sturdy nonstick soleplate
- Included ironing board easily opens and closes
- Safety features include auto shut-off with removable water tank
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Affordable price tag
The perfect travel iron should be comfortable, light and easy to pack so you can travel with it without having to worry about taking up too much space in your luggage. The best travel irons should also offer the following qualities:
- Non-stick soleplate – Will make it easier for you to glide the iron over clothing without damaging the garments.
- Temperature control – You'll want the temperature to be adjustable to accommodate different types of clothing you might need to iron.
- Safety features – You'll want the iron to have an auto shut-off feature to ensure you don't accidentally leave it on.
- Packed with features – A travel iron should also offer you multiple steam settings, along with a variety of power cord lengths and a cool to touch handle.
9. Cohotek Mini Steam Iron
- Very easy to understand instructions
- Fast heat-up time
- A nice little bag to store it in
- The carrying handle works really well
- The cord is long, compared to similar models
- Buttons are a bit tricky to use
- Heats fast, but might not be enough heat for some fabrics
- You have to fill the iron precisely, and gauge how much steam you are getting
- Temperature gauge sometimes not correct
If you are looking for a travel iron that gives you some nice features without leaving you broke, consider the COHOWEK Mini Steam Iron.
Nice features include a handy light, fast heat-up time, and an easy to read digital screen. The water tank is nice and does not take up much room, making it perfect for those of us who want to pack light.
But, you may need to have some patience and practice using this little iron, as it can be a bit tricky to use.
10. IIMII Mini Travel Steam Iron
- Compact and lightweight design
- Dual voltage for convenience
- Powerful steam setting
- Non-slip sole plate
- 1 year warranty
- Cord may need to be manually wrapped to prevent damage or break
- Not all-metal (base is plastic)
- Some users felt product is overpriced
The IIMII Mini Travel Steam Iron ranked as the best travel iron of this year thanks to its compact and lightweight design, powerful steam setting and durable design. Its ability to easily fit into a carry-on bag makes it the perfect companion for frequent business and vacation travelers.
The product comes with a dual voltage design and an output of just 500 Watts, so you won’t need an adapter. In addition to its small size, the iron comes with a nice thermoplastic soleplate that handles seams, creases and fabrics with ease.
Users love the impressive ironing power the IIMII Mini Travel Steam Iron offers, which reaches up to 50g/minute and can be quickly adjusted with its two steam settings. The iron is capable of handling delicate fabrics like silk and can be used with almost any type of quilted project such as quilts, bedding and throws.
11. IIMII Mini Travel Steam Iron
- The iron heats up quickly
- Powerful steam
- Compact design
- Sturdily constructed
- No worries about water getting stuck in the iron
- A simple design and works on both 220V and 110V
- A well made iron as good as any you’ll find at the mall
- A great steam iron for touch ups when on the go
- The pivoting steam feature is a time and labor saver
- Puts out plenty of steam
- It’s best to fill the tank before you are ready to use it
- It’s a bit reminiscent of a steam iron you’d get at the mall
- The iron is not very heavy
- It’s a bit bare bones … it doesn’t have a self-cleaning feature, but that’s okay … there is a little zipper screw-top thing that you can remove and clean out
12. Steamfast SF-750 Mini Steam Iron
- Achieves maximum heat in just 60 seconds
- Comes with a jacket, zippered padded cover, and fabric pouches for storage
- Large water tank lasts for up to 30 minutes of continuous steaming
- Compact and easy to pack or store
- The buttons and dials are sensitive
- The steam nozzle is difficult to clean
- A bit on the heavy side
This travel iron comes with everything you need to iron your clothes on-the-go. It’s a compact iron that lasts for 30 minutes on a full tank and has dual-voltage capabilities. You get a full package with this travel iron, which includes cord wrap, fabric pouches with velcro closures, and the 1500-watt iron with dual-voltage.
Its stainless steel sole plate is uniquely designed to accommodate any type of fabric you throw at it. Thanks to its compact size, you can easily store it or pack it in your luggage. You can conveniently take this iron to work or for travel without an issue.
Just set the appropriate temperature dial according to your clothing and the amount of heat you want to use and you’re good to go.
13. Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron
- Folding handle for easy storage
- Adjustable temps
- Special anti-crease ironing surface
- Durable & sturdy
- Comes with a carry pouch
- Fast heat up time
- A little bit difficult to use and maneuver for some
- Some complained about the heat settings being too high
The Oliso M2 Pro is a miniature travel iron. It is designed to make it easy for you to travel with it. It has a folding handle and a lid that makes it easy to pack into your bag.
The iron uses different heat settings to give you the right amount of heat for different fabrics. This travel iron offers you the confidence of ironing your clothes with the controls that are made easy to use. It is made to ensure that you get the best options in order to iron your clothes with ease. The soleplate is anti-crease so that you do not have to worry about the iron damaging your clothing.
The iron heats up fast and has a good steam function. It also has a cool tip that gives you the comfort you need as you are ironing.
14. Portable Mini Folding Iron
- Smart charger, works well with any voltage
- Might damage on heavy fabrics
- Can be hard to get the wrinkles out
This is a small travel iron packed with a bunch of key features. It can be used to steam your shirts, pants, and dresses without taking up a lot of space. You can easily pack or store it in a suitcase, on your closet, or underneath your bed.
This iron is less than 5 inches long, so it can fit pretty much anywhere. It weighs less than 11 ounces and is so easy to carry when you’re in a rush or travelling. You don’t have to worry about the stability of this travel iron because of its wide base. It can also be used on any temperature just by pressing the temperature knob on the iron’s handle.
15. Darice, White Mini Electric Iron
- Affordable price
- Heats up quickly
- Folding cord
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with a protective pouch
X 4” Wide x 5.5” Deep
Do you like quilting, sewing, crafting, or doing DIY projects? If you do, then you know the importance of having a travel iron within your reach during your downtime.
This mini iron from Darice is sure to help you throughout the entire process. It has an adjustable heat setting so that you can choose the right temperature to perfectly iron your threads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best travel iron to buy?
How do I choose which one is best?
Is it better to have a dual voltage iron or an auto-shutoff feature?
Will I be able to easily use the iron if it features an auto-off engine?
Keeping your clothes looking crisp on your vacation requires the same effort as keeping your clothes neat at home. A travel iron is one of the essential travel items. Choosing the best travel iron can be daunting.
However, once you've purchased your iron, you've ensured yourself of no wrinkled shirts on your trip. That said, there are several things you should consider when choosing a travel iron: weight, design, and temperature settings. An iron with a steam option is also a good idea, especially if you're traveling to warm climates.
What is the best steam iron 2022?
The best steam iron 2022 will be lightweight, versatile, with a good range of steam vents and heat control. It will also be quick to heat up and fill, with a large enough water reservoir and easy to use controls. And at the end of the day, you’ll want an iron that is durable and built to last.
With the aim to ironing out all the details, our research and testing team identified the Rowenta IS9260 as the best steam iron for the serious presser.
Which is the best iron to buy 2019?
The first thing to consider is your budget, and often the price difference between our recommendations and other high-ranking travel irons is very small. The most expensive model is usually about 10% more expensive than our main pick. If you have a large budget, then you might want to opt for a model that has more steam holes for faster and better ironing. Otherwise, our main pick is very effective for both daily or occasional ironing needs.
Hot water normally generates the best ironing results, so if you’ll have access to a tap that produces hot water, then we recommend using it when you iron. Alternatively, you could always heat the water in a separate container and transfer in the water.
Which is the best iron to buy UK?
We all go on mini getaways from time to time, and the best way to keep your clothes looking crisp and fresh is via the use of an easy to travel with appliance. Although there are many travel irons on the market, not all of them are built equally. The great news for you though, is that the variety of travel irons to choose from is also something of a curse. With so many types to select from, how will you ever pick the right travel iron for you? After all, there are steam irons, compact travel irons and even cordless irons to choose from as well as many other things to think about before making a purchase. The good news is that we've taken the time to review the top 15 best irons to buy in the UK of 2019, and to give you the insights that you need to make an informed purchase.
One of the most common reasons people research travel irons is to find the best travel iron for business people. Whether you are a traveling executive looking to maintain your professional appearance or a student who wants to make sure you can fit in your suitcase or weekend bag, a good travel iron can do more than keep your pride intact. A good travel iron will ensure that you arrive at your destination looking and feeling your best.
|Small Mini Iron||Best Overall|
|Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron||Budget Pick|
|Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron||Upgrade Pick|