If you’re heading somewhere rainy or do a lot of outdoor activities in the rain, then you need a waterproof backpack. If you’re an outdoorsman or an outdoor adventurer, a waterproof backpack is an investment you will never regret.
Some backpacks have special lining that are totally waterproof and water resistant. Others are made from waterproof material, so water beads off and rolls off the surface.
Other packs are made of fabric that is only water resistant, so it will repel water, but it won’t be totally waterproof. Water resistant fabric is very durable and often can last longer than waterproof fabric.
Waterproof backpacks are more expensive than regular backpacks, but keep in mind that this is an investment you will never regret. A waterproof backpack will last you a long time and will never let you down!
To help you find the best waterproof backpack for your needs, we’ve scoured the market and put together this list of the 15 best waterproof backpacks in 2021.
|Pans Backpack||Best Overall|
|Ranvoo laptop backpack||Budget Pick|
|Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack||Upgrade Pick|
1. Pans Backpack
- Military style design,More fashionable and durable
- Waterproof material to ensure your belonging can be protected from rain, sweat, sand, humidity and other damages,durable and convenient to use
- It’s big enough to meet your different needs: use it as a single backpack, briefcase, duffel bag, shoulder bag, messenger bag and laptop bag.
- The padded tablet sleeve keeps your tablet protected in a padded sleeve.
- Comes with a detachable waist belt for comfort and carrying more items.
- Material: 1000D Cordura.the back is padded adjustable strap, very comfortable,very suitable for outdoor adventure
- Packaged includes:1x Military Backpack.
- The clip for the waist belt is large and easily attached to anything else you may have attached
- The hook for securing the shoulder strap could be more robust
- Compartments are a tad small and do not hold much more than expected
- High quality,comfortable and water-resistant backpacks for travel,school and other outdoor activities,ideal for hiking,camping,corporate outdoor trips or outdoor events,business travel,etc.
- Convenient design without main buckle,easy to pack,thin,convenient,and efficient to use,it will become the best partner for you.
2. IDRYBAG Waterproof Backpack Floating Dry Bag
- 110% Risk-Free Guarantee
- Tear and Abraision Resistant
- Double Zipper
- Huge Storage Space
- Mesh Pocket
- Optimal Organization
- A bit expensive
- Interior space could be more
At first, we had doubts about this water resistant backpack as it was bit expensive. But once we started using it, we absolutely loved it. Why? Because it is. The design is seamless, the carry system is versatile and there is an abundance of storage space.
The included dry bag closure system allows the wearer to cinch down all of the wet weather gear and other gear and keep it all inside the system where it wont get lost.The built-in drainage system allows the water on the outside of the backpack to drain directly to the bottom of the bag and out the filter.
The internal mesh pocket allows you to store your personal items while the separate exterior zippered pocket is designed for your smaller pieces of gear.
3. Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack
- Maximum water resistance
- Interior zipper pockets for organization
- Comfortable, padded shoulder harness
- Large enough for small kids and adults alike
- Multiple interior mesh organizational pockets
- Weight-bearing capacity of up to 5 pounds
- Lightweight and compact
- No chest strap
- Not fully waterproof
- Not ideal for use in heavy rain or other similar weather conditions
If you want a bag that can keep your belongings safe and dry, regardless of the weather conditions you’re out in, you’re going to love it, as it’s built to shield against water and withstand nature’s elements.
This bag is amazing for all types of outdoor activities, whether you’re planning to go out for a guided river rafting or kayaking trip when you visit the pool, hiking through your local state park, or camping near the water. It’s even ideal for use as a backpack for swimming, as its waterproof nature and bright orange color makes it stand out in the water, so it’s easy to spot in case it were to slip off your back.
4. Travel Laptop Backpack,Extra Large Capacity TSA Friendly Anti Theft Backpacks
- Plenty of room to store your stuff
- Two USB charging ports
- Spacious, durable, and sturdy
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Inteligently designed to help organize and find your things
- The X-ray clear bag lets you use your laptop
- “Cool” factor
- The bag is waterproof and heat resistant
- Water-resistant zippers
- The main compartment is a bit narrow
- The smaller front pocket is a little shallow
- Storage space might be too big for some people
- A little bigger than it looks in the pictures
Up to 15.6 Inch(Black)
If you’re looking for a comfortable backpack with plenty of room, this one is a great choice.
This backpack will not only fit your laptop, but your laptop will also be kept in an X-Ray bag that allows you to go through airport security with ease.
5. Chaos Ready Waterproof Backpack
- Multiple colors available
- Soft inside padding
- Easy to clean
- Different sizes
- Unique look
- Straps are narrow and difficult to adjust
- Pockets don’t seal effectively
- Poor quality zippers
- Top handle is uncomfortable
- Bag can feel cheap and potentially insecure
Color Navy Blue. Size 20L
If you've ever owned a traditional soggy backpack, you know how frustrating it can be when you want to tote your stuff around and it gets wet. This is why gears less backpacks are designed with some sort of waterproofing in mind. They're primarily suited to protect the contents of your bag from rain and splashes, but in most cases (provided they're up to the job) they'll also keep you dry.
This wide-bottom shoulder bag is big enough to carry all your essentials for a trip to the coffee shop, but it'll also hold enough gear for a day out in the sun. So ditch those traditional bags and go waterproof!
6. OutdoorMaster Hiking Backpack 45L
- Large capacity
- Comfortable to wear
- Compression straps for added stability
- Rain cover
- Well thought-out pockets
- Drip proof
- Attractive design
- A little bigger in size
- The rain cover could get in the way to some degree
- No pockets in the rain cover
- The adjustment straps on the side aren’t that good
- Detachable waist strap isn’t necessary
This backpack provides you with plenty of storage space to house a good number of things for a day of hiking or a weekend getaway. It's a good choice for both men and women.
It has different compartments available for you to store your money, laptop, clothing, food, and other essentials. This backpack has plenty of pockets, and it is water-resistant. It is both lightweight and durable.
The backpack features four external pockets and multiple internal pockets. It also has a rain cover to provide added protection from bad weather, which is very important. It is easy to hang this backpack on the back of the chair because of the Velcro.
7. Women Backpack Purse Waterproof Nylon Anti-theft Rucksack Lightweight Shoulder Bag
- Can be easily adjusted
- Has an awesome design
- Comes in a variety of colors
- High quality fabric
- High-quality zippers
- Very spacious
- Some customers have had issues with the size
- Only one large compartment
This back pack sling bag for women is very spacious. As you know most backpacks have 2 or 3 compartments but this one has only one large compartment. It will still be good for you if you want to have a large space and you don’t really care about compartments and stuff. It carries a lot of things at once and keeps organized.
The shoulder straps are height adjustable and super comfortable to use. The zippers are high quality and don’t get stuck no matter how much you use them. The fabric is high quality and water resistant. It will not tear easily. It is a very durable bag and it is really worth your money.
They are cheaper and the quality of those bags seems to be the same as this one.
8. Vitchelo 30L Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Durable waterproof outer material
- Perfect size for shorter camping trips
- Comes with handy waterproof pouch for electronic devices
- Spring loaded adjustable straps for maximum comfort
This waterproof backpack from Vitchelo is quite possibly the perfect choice for those who enjoy water sports. It’s an extremely durable option built with an extremely durable outer material.
It’s a great way to keep all of your clothes, food and electronics dry when you plan on spending the day at the beach, swimming in a lake or river or even kayaking.
The backpack has a wide opening at the top, which makes it easier to pack and take things out of it. It also comes with an adjustable strap, so you can tighten it up to ensure you feel comfortable.
9. Diamond Candy Waterproof Hiking Backpack
- Plenty of storage space
- Comfortable straps
Despite the odd-looking pockets, this backpack from Diamond Candy is a waterproof backpack that’s going to serve you well. It’s made out of waterproof Oxford fabrics and has a reliable rain cover that’ll keep your electronics safe in the rain, and you dry on the outside.
The top-loading style makes it easy to store, and the straps have a great ergonomic design that’s going to make the backpack feel super light (2.3 pounds). It’s also pretty spacious, but you can always use the compression straps to compress it down a bit.
10. Kah&Kee Polyester Travel Backpack Functional Anti-theft School Laptop
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Plenty of pockets
This incredibly stylish anti-theft travel backpack is one of the best waterproof backpacks available. The material is water-resistant and the stitching is strong. Plus, the bag itself is very durable. I love the fact that this bag is made from recycled materials and is a fabulous green choice for those looking for an eco-friendly pack. The two side pockets are an excellent place to stow your water bottle and keys. While the organizer has more than enough pockets to hold school supplies, an ipad, ereader, and more. The material, zippers, and snaps are all durable, and there’s a sense of security about the fact that it comes with a theft-proof waist strap. It’s stylish and lightweight, and it fits a variety of body types well and makes a great bag for carrying textbooks: from home to class, and back to home.
11. Anti-theft Sling Bag
- Hidden zippered pocket
- Adjustable strap length
- Great design
- Smaller than expected
- Rusted stitching
The Anti-theft Sling Bag for Women & Men by ATCOLOR is seriously the best waterproof backpack you can find nowadays.
Anti-theft shoulder bag with hidden zippered pocket is a convenient, fashionable, and functional bag for the ladies. The premium waterproof fabric is used to make this sling bag, so it can protect your belongings from water, dirt, and collision. Both shoulder and waist straps are adjustable for your convenience.
Anti-theft Sling Bag features a main compartment to store your laptop, textbooks, umbrella, etc. This sling bag also features a front zipper pocket that is suitable for your cellphone and other valuables.
12. The Friendly Swede Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag 33L
- There are great padded straps on this backpack which make it so much more comfortable to wear around your shoulders and an even better fit
- It is made from durable material and is also water resistant, meaning you are protected against the elements and any splashes
- There is lots of room in this product and it is perfect for carrying anything you need for your trip or walking around town
- The material is also breathable, meaning it will not get too hot
- There is a large reflective strip around the entire outside of this bag, which is great for when you are walking at night to increase your visibility
- The bag opens up really wide, meaning you can easily find what you need
- There is a separate compartment at the front where you can put smaller items to prevent them getting lost while keeping them close to hand
- It has waist straps, zips and a few compartments to keep things secure
- It is stylishly designed with red accents and has a nice look to it
- It has a wide carry handle so you can carry this on your shoulder
13. Ranvoo laptop backpack
- Affordable price
- Ballistic nylon
- TSA and air travel approved
- Built-in lock
- Removable laptop sleeve
- Rain cover included
- Plenty of room
- Built-in GPS tracker
- Might be a little too big for some
- Some users have expressed displeasure with awkward straps
The Ranvoo 15.6 laptop backpack is a model that you can rely on during workday as it will help you bring your laptop as well as some personal effects. The backpack features a discreet lock that will help you avoid those awkward situations that can happen when you enter sensitive areas.
All the compartments of the backpack will help keep your belongings organized and in place. The laptop compartment is also a padded one that will help secure your laptop in place in case of any type of impact.
The backpack also features a built-in GPS tracker that will aid you in keeping track of the whereabouts of your backpack whenever you lose it.
14. Buffalo Gear Waterproof Duffel Bag 50L Large Grey 840D TPU Dry Bag Dry Bag
15. Cougar Outdoor 40L Waterman Heavy Duty Waterproof Dry Bag Backpack
- Locking system for zips
- Comfortable straps
- Easily adjustable
- Huge opening for easy packing
- Comfortable and durable padding for the back
- Splash proof
- Durable and lightweight
- Top handle only for less weight
- Not laptop compatible
- May not be waterproof
This waterproof backpack by Cougar is a great alternative to a traditional hiking backpack or school bag. Itï¿½s a great bag for carrying laptops, tablets, and all your tablets.
This is a great backpack that does what it says, an extremely tough bag that you can trust will keep your valuables dry when you need them to be.
It has one of the features that you would expect to find on a hiking backpack, a perfectly padded back that allows you to put the bag on your back and forget that it is there.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best waterproof backpacks?
Just as water-repellent fabric keeps your skin dry while you are wearing your waterproof backpack, there are some gadgets in your backpack that might benefit from waterproofing.
I'm talking about the important stuff such as your smartphone, credit cards, keys, and anything else that you want to stay safe from water. It's truly a remarkable thing how far waterproofing technology has come. For instance, I took my iPhone 7 underwater for a 30-minute period with an Otterbox waterproof case. I did this to test the iPhone 7 water resistance capabilities… and I'm happy to report that the phone is continuing to work as normal!
What is the most durable backpack brand?
Some brands make better bags than others. But really, it boils down to how you use it. If the backpack is going to be subject to some rough and tumble abuse, buy from a quality brand. That being said, none of these backpacks are exactly made with toughness as a selling point. So don't expect them to stand up to years outdoors in a harsh weather environment.
It’s important to recognize that this guide is for finding the “best” based on the criteria I used. Just because a particular style of bag isn’t listed here doesn’t mean it’s not a good option. It just may not be the best choice based on the other reviewed models.
What is the best heavy duty backpack?
I always recommend full-frame packs because they tend to last longer than frameless packs. Yes, they are more expensive, but having a durable pack is worth the price. I'd also recommend a waterproof backpack with a lifetime warranty to make sure you're protected in case of anything. If you don't have the budget for a top-quality, waterproof backpack, DO NOT buy one. You need to have a pack that will last you at least 5 years.
What are the coolest backpacks?
The Top Pick for most active backpackers is the Osprey Atmos 65 which comfortably fits a bear canister and has a cavernous interior perfect for food storage.
For Skiing and Backcountry Skiing:
For the backcountry skier, we chose the Gregory Aspect as the top choice. It is sleek, light, and has a slim design that doesn't look like a traditional backcountry ski pack. It is also lighter than the other options and includes a waist belt.
For city travelers: one of the best options is a roll-top bag, which is easy to pack and doesn't look like your typical backpack. Our favorite is the Tortuga Outbreaker which is durable, has excellent compression straps, and can be worn multiple ways. The Osprey Farpoint is a close second.
For adventure travel, the Patagonia Arbor is our top pick.
Buying the right backpack is a big decision and they are not cheap. It is also one of those items we hope to keep for a while!
We also realize that some of you prefer to carry your gear in bags that are water resistant and waterproof.
To help you find the best waterproof backpack in your price range for you, we’ve included some of our own recommendations for which bags we would purchase for ourselves. We hope that our in-depth analysis and review will help you find the best backpack for your needs.
|Pans Backpack||Best Overall|
|Ranvoo laptop backpack||Budget Pick|
|Skog Å Kust BackSåk Waterproof Floating Backpack||Upgrade Pick|